Cheesy BBQ Brisket Bites
Updated: Aug 29, 2019
1 package (5 sheets) Puff Pastry thawed according to directions
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or cheddar/Monterrey combo
3 jalapenos, thinly sliced, seeds removed (optional)
2 1/4 cups of cold leftover smoked brisket mixed with your favourite BBQ sauce and half a cup of sautéed onions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray 2 x 24-count mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Unfold thawed pastries onto a lightly floured surface. Cut each pastry sheet into squares (I use my pizza cutter).
3. Add two dough squares perpendicular to each other to muffin cups as illustrated in above photo.
4. Top each dough cup with 1 tablespoon Beef Brisket mix followed by 3 teaspoons cheese and optional jalapeno slice.
5. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is golden. Wait 5 minutes then remove to a baking rack to cool slightly before eating.